Tuesday, April 16, 2013

She said what? I hope that doesn't hurt my popularity in Germany.

Confused?  Don't be.  


I haven't posted in a very long time - let's just say baseball season got here and knocked me for a loop.  I joined the local Little League Board and I (try to) keep the website updated.  Then, I agreed to be an assistant coach on my 11 year old boy's team, in a different league.  Next, I was told my 8 year old was drafted on a team with no manager, and was then asked to be the manager - I agreed.  The result?  6-7 days/nights per week I have something going on that is related to baseball.  Some nights I'm double and triple-booked.

Not sure if anyone missed my posts, but I will try to get back here more often, because I do enjoy writing them.  Once the leagues wind down (next month), I should be back to posting very frequently.

I hope the gaps in my posts don't hurt my popularity in Germany (I know, I'm certainly no Hasselhoff).  What?  Keep reading:

One cool thing about blogging on "Bloggger" is that they keep all kinds of cool statistics.  What I found interesting is that it shows me my audience - by country.  Anyhow, this is how my "popularity" stacks up:
  1.  US - Thank goodness
  2. Germany - Really?
  3. South Korea
  4. Bulgaria - of course, makes sense.  Actually, I had no idea
  5. Romania - again ?
  6. Canada
  7. United Kingdom
Who would have ever thought people in countries outside of the U.S. would read my blog?  I certainly didn't.

What Did She Say?

I was in a meeting the other day with someone who really liked to talk.  It is said that some people hate silence, and if you give them a chance, they will fill it up with their own words.  This person did so more than I can even convey.  But, she did leave me with a great line.  When asked about how an event went, the response was "I think it was, kind of, pretty much, a little bit...."  What?  That is some serious nothingness;  nonsense to the highest power.  If you really read that fragment, it has no meaning.  It was filler - like cellulose for words.  Anyhow.  That's all I have.  Keep reading, friends from Germany - and anywhere else people are who view this blog. 
 

2 comments:

  1. You've got one reader in Leisure World...pretty much a foreign country...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I just need to find time to do this more often- without it coming across as "forced".

    ReplyDelete