Friday, February 15, 2013

"Don't Open That"


Don't Open That, Said My Wife


At first glance, the picture appears to be a can of Purina dog (Puppy) food.  If you look close enough, you can see that the label doesn't quite fit the can properly.  In reality, the can had soup in it. 

I was getting ready to heat up some soup for dinner, and when I reached into the pantry to get a box of crackers, I noticed two lonely (and old - probably outdated) cans of dog food and had a funny thought.  So, I snagged a knife, removed the soup label and threw it in the trash, carefully removed the dog food label and affixed it to the can with a piece of invisible tape.  I put the now unmarked dog food can back in the pantry, out of sight.

I had the bowl and crackers out already, so when I started opening the can, my kids saw me and kind of freaked out.  My wife said "Don't open that" and didn't seem to happy when I continued.  They seemed surprised when I poured it out, but then they all got grossed out when I licked the spoon clean. 

Of course, I had to show them it wasn't dog food, and they all laughed pretty hard (the kids laughed harder than my wife did - go figure).   I get the feeling my boys will probably do something like this down the road - but hey, funny is funny. 

Enjoy your meal...





No comments:

Post a Comment