Friday, August 29, 2014

Big, Bad Bikers Who Cannot Do Arts and Crafts plus Q-tips

Mean Looking Bikers

I was out and about today for work, which took me to our San Bernardino office to pick up some materials for a presentation/meeting next week.  As I left the office, I knew I was low on gas, so I headed towards a gas station.  As I'm sitting in the left turn lane waiting for the light to change, off to my left, I see a very large man on a Harley Davidson motorcycle (Road Glide?)  A nice one.  He was replete with a sleeveless, black leather vest with his "outfit" named on the back.  So, I make my turn.

I kind of lost track of the guy, until I ended up behind him in line at the cashier, a few minutes later.  Yes, I know - I should have paid at the pump - easier & quicker, right?  You might be thinking, well "he needed his Twix".  I normally do - but not this time. 

I wanted something to drink, after all it was 100 degrees.  So, I went inside and spent way too much time obsessing about what to get, should it be 12 or 20 ounces, etc., until the guy somehow managed to pull into the parking lot, get off his bike and make his way into the store and end up in front of me. 

Anyway, as I'm only about a foot or so behind this guy (I stay just close enough to dismay those who would cut in line), I notice the name on the back of his vest:  "Chosen Few".  Okay, I get it.  We're mean.  We're select - not just anyone can join.  But....what I don't get, is that this had to be the shoddiest work I had seen in years.  I mean, if you are trying to look sharp and possibly look intimidating, make it clean and professional.  Instead, it was bad..worse than bad.  I could see the pencil marks where he had traced the letters (albeit shakily) - and then, when he cut them out, he couldn't even do so accurately. 

He was so "scissors-challenged" that he didn't even attempt to cut out the middle of the "O", nor the top of the "A".  Seriously man?  You couldn't have vended out that work?  I've seen kids working on their communion banners at church (we've put three through the class) do a much better job. 

I'll give it to the guy, he did look mean;  He hit all the stereotypes of the rough biker;  he was big, he was buying cigarettes, and when he left the parking lot, he was blasting some kind of gangster rap that caused some of the other patrons to dance at the pumps (I'm not even going to go down that road).  He fit the bill of a tough biker...but the logo just didn't cut it (yes, that is a horrible pun...so what?  I laughed).  In the end, he was undone by his lack of arts and crafts skills.  I guess the bigger they are, the harder...okay, may the harder it is to make small, intricate cuts with scissors?  Hmm. 

Q-Tips

This one has been bugging me for a while, but I didn't think it was a topic for writing about - but, here we are.  I admit it, I have used Q-Tips.  I'm guessing that most of us probably have.  It's just that they aren't talked about much (for a good reason!), but, from time to time, I see a "stray" Q-Tip in a place where one should never be. 

Let's be clear, in case anyone still does not know this:  Q-Tips (unless in an overnight bag or in your luggage) should really NEVER LEAVE THE HOUSE.  There is no reason they should show up (just one, lonely, messed-up looking swab) at a park, or laying on the ground near the back door at work, or on the side of the street, nor anywhere else we go in public.  I guess I'm going to have to break out a "Dear So-and-So", which have been sparse lately.

Dear anonymous/gross public Q-Tippers:  Let's leave 'em at home.  It's for the good of the country.

Say it Ain't So....

Just when you thought it was safe to watch TV or YouTube again, this guy is resurfacing.  Be afraid, very afraid.  I guess any annoying kid with a helium balloon can be famous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment