Friday, January 4, 2013

Post New Year's Post

Even though I haven't been at this very long, but I decided to take a little break from posting over Christmas and New Year's Holiday.  Seems a little early after only a few posts, but I felt that I was trying too hard to focus on writing about funny things.  To me, humor has to flow.  It's either there or it's not.  So, I decided that I'm just going write about whatever I want to - whether the topic is funny or otherwise. So there.

Christmas was nice - other than having the flu and basically staying in the house for four days - as was New Year's Eve.  New Year's was very relaxing.  I just stayed home with my wife and the boys. 


Some random stuff:

Have you ever been on a flight with an annoying person and fantasized about doing this?  Just the picture of the guy all taped to his chair is worth the click.

My wife and I were at Walmart the other day, and were in line behind a couple with their (I'm guessing) 20ish year old son.  There was a language barrier, so I couldn't understand exactly what they were saying to him, but it was easy enough to figure out. 

As they were placing their items on the conveyer belt, they first saw a game he wanted them to buy for him and they made him put it back.  He did it by putting it down in the junk/candy section of the checkout line, like most everyone at the store does.  It was still well within my reach though.  I think the game was Diablo.

Next they questioned him about a computer accessory he wanted them to purchase.  It looked like a wireless modem or an external hard drive - they let him get it.  Finally they questioned his purchase of an ether net cable, but still let him get it too.  Pretty non-eventful so far.

Then, the mother must have realized that she had forgotten to pick up something they needed, so she made the father and son go back inside the shopping area to find whatever it was that she needed.  The mother really wasn't paying attention, so I toyed with the idea of snagging the game and sliding it down the conveyer belt and back into her pile of items.  It would have nearly undetectable and easy to pull off.  After all, I have already had numerous missions where I have placed random things in carts. 

My thinking was, that it would be unnoticed until they either a) got in the car, or more likely, b) got home.  I was shooting for b) and thought it would be quite funny.  Why?  Because he would be accused of not putting it back, which he would rightly deny.  They of course would not believe him - I could even imagine them saying "What, do you expect us to believe that someone else put it there?"  Which would be completely correct.  This could be funny.  

In the end, I opted to not do it because it just wouldn't be funny for the son.  It could cause problems for he and his family and that's something I couldn't bring myself to do.  After all, family is way too important to cause problems like that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment